The West New York Public Library
is located in the center of the town of West New York. The community has population about 52,912.
The library offers a welcoming environment that provides relevant resources, services, and programs for all ages to support the community for lifelong reading, learning and enrichment.
M-T-Th 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
W-F-S 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
* Closed Saturdays during the months of July and August.
hoopla puts your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Everywhere! Free with your library card details.
Every Wednesday 11am – 12pm. Toddler Time program is available for children ages 1 – 3 years. A parent or guardian is required to come with during the program. Click HERE for the details.
Free Citizenship Classes
Every Tuesday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
425 60th Street, West New York, NJ
For details please click HERE.
Online Reading Program
Enjoy all the virtual programs that we have to offer. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel and happy reading!
The West New York Public Library is participating in The Museum Pass Program that allows residents of West New York free admission to museums by borrowing our membership passes. The passes may be reserved by visiting the library Reference Department with an unexpired library card in good standing. The Museum Passes include 1. Children’s Museum of Manhattan 2. Brooklyn Botanic Garden 3. Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park 4. Newark Museum of Art.
Please contact the Reference Desk by calling 201-295-5135 x 7302 or visit the library in person for details and how to obtain a free admission ticket.
Read the Jersey Journal Newspaper
- Go to “https://enewsjj.nj.com”
- Click “Sign In”
Enter user’s name: wnypubliclibrary.com
Enter password: jjepaper1
- After you login to the library account, you are able to read the Jersey Journal digital newspaper.
- Please limit your reading time up to one hour. Close the browser after you finished reading.
(Search Library Materials)
- OPAC (http://wny.polarislibrary.com) — Search West New York Public Library collection (under construction)
- JerseyCat (www.jerseycat.org) — Search state wide libraries’ collection
- BCCLS (www.bccls.org) — Search Bergen County Libraries’ collection
- New York Public Library (www.nypl.org) — Search New York Public Library collection
- Library of Congress (www.loc.gov) — Search Library of Congress collection